Monday 28 January 2019

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - #226

Hello everyone!  Thank you for stopping by my blog today, so nice to have you visit.
A very warm welcome to my new followers too.  Lovely to have you share my crafting journey.

It's time for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and this time Jackie is our lovely host and the Theme is 'Add Some Texture'.  
As always, anything you care to create is fine as long as it follows the Theme.

For my DT contribution to this Challenge, I have created an Art Journal page.
I added a few strips of Washi Tape to a sheet of 5" x 7" watercolour paper and then added some coloured texture paste through a stencil.
The background colour was added using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Danny Zuko's Denim and Tiffany Lou's Blue.  My fave colours at the moment!  I simply sprinkled them onto the paper and then sprayed with water.
The stamping came next.  I used Archival ink and a texture stamp by Prima.  I believe it's called 'Crackle'.
The focal cluster includes a piece of coloured gauze, some jute webbing, layered ephemera and a couple of wood hearts by Kaisercraft.  The quote was computer generated.
I lightly inked the edges and, as you can see, I also did a little doodling as well. 

So, I hope you have found some inspiration here and will play along.  There's lots more inspiration to be found on the CCM blog from the fabulous creations by my Teamies.  While you're there, you could also link up your entry!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #226 - Add Some Texture

Thank you so much for your visit and for any sweet comment you may care to leave.  I appreciate it immensely.

Have a great day!!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

14 comments:

  1. Hi Margy, loving the journal page so much gorgeous texture. Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Love your details and colours. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful contribution with loads of great layers! Beautiful (magical) colors also add texture and interest to this great page! Love your work~ hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very beautiful with this colours, layers and texture and i love the doodling as finishing touch!
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this Margaret, the magicals look so beautiful in the background and I love the stencilling too. The doddled edges finish this off wonderfully well! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Marg! I hope this finds you well.. I hope the weather is a bit more pleasant today.. it is still hot here, and extremely dry...I am continually sending prayers up for rain...and I keep hoping... but anyways... Your art journal page is lovely, the colors are great, I love the layering and dimension you have achieved and the two hearts are gorgeous.. I would reckon this would be lovely on the front of a canvas to be put on display as I think it is quite inspirational.. I hope the week ahead is a good one... and for me it is all a bit strange as for the first time in 29 years, I dont have anyone to get off to school!!! hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your foray into Art Journalling has started with a Bang! (Whoops - may you've been into it all along?) So beautifully textured and layered with the magicals providing striking colour and wonderful contrast to the gauze and jute. Beautifully photographed too. Love this Margy. We've been away, so sorry if I've missed some of your projects. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun layers, textures and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marg, I love it, amazing piece of work.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Margaret, this is just a stunning piece of artwork that should be framed and hung for everyone to see! Your background is just magnificent and your layered ephemera and textures are a wonderful study in balance and composition. I really, REALLY love this piece! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that is absolutely scrumptious! I love the layers of texture, creating so much dimension from the page, and the colour combination is right up my street. Beautiful work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I've not been signed up before as a Follower - I've sorted it out now!
      Ax

      Delete
  12. Just gorgeous Margy, love all the texture and that background looks fab! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stunning and love the layers and different textures! ;-) Love the sentiment and was exactly what I needed today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.