Monday 12 November 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #222

Hello my dear visitors and welcome to my crafty space.
Hope your day is going well so far.

It's time again for a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.    Judy is our lovely host and the Theme is
LOTS OF LAYERS!!
As always, you may create whatever you wish as long as it follows the Theme.

I have a masculine card for this Challenge.  Another quick and easy one I made a while ago which I felt was eminently suitable for this Challenge. 

 This one was made with lots of scrappy bits of papers that were left on my work desk.  I'm pretty sure they are a mix from Kaisercraft and Prima.
 I did a little machine sewing on this but, as you can see by the photos, that didn't go terribly well.  The thread kept breaking and, when I finally checked it, I found that the machine wasn't threaded or tensioned properly.  Duh!!  I was going to use another piece of dp but, went over the zig zag stitching again just to make sure it was working, and then decided that I would use it anyway.  Waste not, want not!!  LOL!!
Trimmed a couple of the paper pieces into little banners .. just because.
Cut a little banner from one of the scraps and added a sticker for the greeting.
I do love adding clocks to my masculine cards.  This one was fussy cut from a sheet of Kaisercraft dp (don't remember which collection) and then mounted on a piece of chipboard.

Done!!

Pop on over to the CCM blog and take a look at the fabulous creations by my Team mates.  I'm sure you will feel inspired to play along with the Challenge.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #222 - Lots of Layers

Thank you so much for stopping by and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Marg!! And to think you developed it from just the bits of paper scattered around~ (That can be just the right thing sometimes; can't it!) Loving all the layers and distressing you did; and the clock with it's dimension is perfect! Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! The layers are so beautiful!! I love the papers and colors!! It's so, so fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always LOVE your male cards Margaret and this one is no exception. The layers are wonderful and I just love the clock face! Love this!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. The stitching is a favorite of mine.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic masculine card with very nice papers. A great design made with the bits of paper and the stitching has a lovely effect. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret. This was a perfect theme for you as you always have lots of lovely layers and it's a great way to use up those papers. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layering ; your trademark way of creating and I love that clock face - going to rustle through my old Kaisercraft paper so see if I have it tucked away for a rainy day. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marg! I feel like I have been away for weeks! but it probably hasnt been that long!! Just a huge week last week.. awards night, formal and grad and to top it off we had a wedding yesterday... phew.. feeling tired, but what a great week! So now I try and catch up on my blog visiting!! This is a fabulous card, layers look great and love the colors.. and always love clocks on anything.. You make the most amazing cards.. always get inspired from visiting your blog... now to just find my mojo which has been buried under other things!! hehe!! have a great week.. and thanks so much for the comments on my blog too.. quite an emotional time seeing my youngest finish school... and knowing one day she will stretch her wings and fly like all little birdies do.. I will miss her the most I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card, love all the layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, you can create ANYTHING! This masculine card is equally as attractive as your more feminine and holiday makes I've just enjoyed. So happy I said "just one more..." I love the 'messy' stitches and the layer with the cogs is inspiring! Great card! Sadly for now, this is all the time I have to spend visiting your lovely blog. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings that the New Year brings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.