Monday 23 April 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #210 - Birthdays

Hello lovely visitors and welcome!!  So happy that you stopped by!

Well, it's time for a new Challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.  Lin is our host for this one and the Theme is Birthdays!!!  As always, you may create whatever you like as long as it follows the Theme.

I created another card for this Challenge.  With the Theme being Birthdays, this was the easiest option and I am really into easy at the moment.  LOL!!

I raided my stash for these papers.  They are from an older Prima Collection called Rondelle.  I was looking for something with black in it and, when I came across these papers, well, they were just  perfect!
There is a piece of gauze and some upholstery thread under the flowers for texture and I added a few die cuts as well.
This die is called Threads and Edges and is made by Altenew.  It is available at Megs Garden.
I must point out that, although I do not design for them very often any more, I am still a Guest Designer at Megs Garden and have received free items from the store as compensation in the past.   These dies were actually paid for and besides, I would not recommend anything I did not also love and use.
I've had these flowers for a while.  They are also available from Megs Garden.  If you wish to take a look, the larger one is the Burgundy/Cream open paper rose and the smaller white one is the Puffy Paper Flower.  
The Cameo Frame by Tim Holtz is a recent purchase.  I love the fact that you get the metal frame and they also include the resin sticker to fit inside it so you can make up your own Cameo using whatever paper matches your creation.  Brilliant!!
Added a strip of floral lace along one of the torn edges.

The greeting was computer generated, trimmed and then edged with a Sharpie.
Voila!!
I do hope you will take the time to pop over to the Crafty Cardmakers blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from my Teamies!   You might even be persuaded to join in!!  LOL!!

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 210 - Birthdays

Thank you so much for stopping by and special thanks to those of you who left such lovely comments on my last post.  I really appreciate your kind words.

Have a wonderful day!!
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

20 comments:

  1. What a brilliant design Margaret! Love the colors too :)
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Margaret, beautiful detail and design.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to you Marg, your card is exquisite! The textures and colors are rich and beautiful~ I love to stop in to your inspiring blog <3 Hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stunning!! I love the layers and the amazing details!! The colors are so beautiful!! Wow!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card! Lovely papers and lots of layers and beautiful details. Fantastic! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks anything but easy to me, it is beautiful. I love the black in the background, it really sets everything else off wonderfully well and the cameo frame is such a lovely addition! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing fab card Margaret. Loooove the dark black together with the delicate soft pink.
    Waauw awesome!!!!!!!!
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Margaret, this is gorgeous! Love those Prima papers, the black is so elegant! Your layout is stunning, and your flowers are so beautiful. What a clever way to do the sentiment, I love your sharpie doodle frame! A brilliant and stunning creation, totally saved a copy of this one!!

    Been keeping busy this past week doing all of the nasty spring cleaning. I love how the house looks and smells when I'm all done, but getting there is such a pain! lol. Hopefully by the time the every corner of the house looks shiny and new, the weather outside will be back to warm and sunny! In a month or so, the local nurseries will start opening and I will be choosing my first flowers for the patio. I'm super excited for that!! Hope you've had a good week my friend. Sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Margaret, love everything about it and so stylish too. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful blend of patterns, colors, and amazing contrast! You really pulled these elements together in a beautiful way and I'm so inspired by your design! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card. The torn edges with the lace peeking through and the die are so lovely! you always put cards together so stylishly.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning detail. Very beautiful card. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Auhwwww....loving all the different elements you used to brings such a beautiful card together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is stunning! I love that die and your gorgeous colour combo. A Winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marg, so glad to come by today... life has been busy, and I have been enjoying the lovely weather we have been having and spending time in the garden, and now I am catching up with my bloggy friends!!! love this card, love the lace peeking out from under the wavy edge, always love the flowers you use and that die is a lovely one too.. and the cameo looks so pretty... a beautiful card... I hope you are well and have had a great week... can you believe the weekend is here already??? the weeks are flying by!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such an amazing card!! The cluster looks fantastic and I just love the torn edges!! Brilliant!


    As you may remember I have been away on a blog break, visiting your lovely country, so apologize for lack of visits in the last month, but I look forward to more regular visits again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Margaret, you've created a delightful card with those papers, with a beautiful flower cluster! I love the addition of all the textures, and those die cuts are really sweet! I think they are moving to the top of my wish list! Thank your for this lovely inspiration! Sending hugs! I hope your wrist is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very elegant and beautiful! Love this to bits! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So dramatic combining that scrap of Rondelle with the black! Hmm - I may have a tiny scrap of that somewhere....LOve the cameo frame and the trailing die cuts. This came together with such flair Margy - a new fave for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh so stunning, gorgeous details...... love!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.