Saturday 30 November 2013

My First Meg's Garden DT Project!!!

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.  Hope you are having a wonderful day!!
I am super excited to share with you my very first DT project for Meg's Garden.
For this project I have created a card with some photo mat pages on the inside so that you could take some pictures of your Christmas celebrations and keep them in the actual card itself.
Using one of these types of cards each year, you could keep a record of Christmases through the years all in their own tiny little album.  You only need to take a few photos each time and the card wouldn't take up anywhere near as much room as a Mini Album.
I've used the Musical Christmas Collection paper pack for this card.  These papers are absolutely gorgeous and the paper pack is the perfect size for card making. 
On the front I have created a Christmas tree from some of the DP mixed with some red, white and green cardstock.  The idea for this tree actually came from one of my favourite card makers, Dorota.  She makes the most gorgeous cards.
 The tree is made using a triangle of paste board or chipboard as a base and then just layering different foliage die cuts until the base is filled.  I've also mixed in a bit of gauze here and there.  It was then lightly brushed with gold acrylic paint and I also glued on some gold crystals to serve as the lights.  The star at the top of the tree is from a sheet of gold stickers that have been in my stash for some time as are the stars  around the edge. 
The 'Noel' is part of the design on the paper. I've simply fussy cut the letters from another sheet, glued them onto some paste board and edged them with the same gold paint.
 There's not a lot of embellishment in this card simply because it would then have become too bulky and besides, these papers are pretty enough to stand on their own.  I've simply used some of Meg's beautiful lace ribbon on two of the pages and also placed a few of the gold stickers here and there.
Placed inside the main pockets are a couple of plain photo mats  which could also be used for journaling.  



  On the inside cover is a small tag which was stamped  with the sentiment, then gold embossed and another of the gold stickers was placed on the edge. 
 Two of the pages have corner pockets made out of a piece of clear acrylic that came from some pakaging  I had.  Cut them into heart shapes and placed a sticker on each of them.  They can be used to hold journaling cards or just as decoration on the edge of a photo.
Here is a close-up of one of these pockets ...
... and here is a closer view of the layers on the tree.
I had such a wonderful time creating with Meg's gorgeous papers and I am so thrilled to a part of this amazing Design Team.  Thank you so much Meg for giving me this wonderful opportunity.

Meg's Garden products used:
A Musical Christmas Paper Pack.
1.6cm White Lace Ribbon

HERE is the link to the Meg's Garden Blog so you can check out the beautiful creations of the other Team Members and HERE is the link to the shop so you can check out all the marvelous products.

Thank you so much for visiting and I hope I have inspired you to create some Christmas goodies with Meg's Garden products for yourself.

Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing - I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous -I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally stunning Margy and I love the idea of the insert pages for tags and photos, so clever, and the papers are truly gorgeous. That tree is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I love your cards and love the tree.. those papers are beautiful too.. well done.. would make a wonderful gift too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've knocked my socks off with this super stunning creation, wowzers, beauty at its best!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Marge!! This card is absolutely stunning and you have showcased this lovely papers so beautifully!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool... A great way to store other cards from Christmas in those pockets. I love your cards Margy... they are always a delight to look at. So much work goes into them. Thank you for sharing. Megs Garden is so lucky to have you one their team.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.