Tuesday 28 August 2012

More Class Cards

Hi everyone!  I have a couple more class cards to show you. The first is a teepee card I made for my granddaughter.  She turned 10 this year.  She's beautiful, inside and out. Love her to bits. Anyway, this is the card I made for her.


She's a real girly girl, so of course it had to be pink.
 
The small roses are from Kaisercraft and the large pink one was in my stash. I added some die cut leaves and a couple of white spirals. Her birthday is in winter but I wanted the card to be light and summery because that suits her nature.

 I painted the little Imaginarium frame with crackle paint.  Had never used it before but I was quite pleased with the result. Inked all the edges of the papers of course and die cut the butterflies with Magnolia Ink Doohickeys.


The back I stamped with 'Umber' Versa Color ink and added a few tiny pearls. I used a ribbon to keep it closed. I'm happy to say she loved it.


The next card I'd like to show you is one I made for my daughter-in-law's birthday.  Our baby's Mum and an awesome Mum at that.

I hand stitched around the edge of the front with metallic thread and I painted the tattered clock with crackle paint. The butterfly is a Magnolia doohickey.

The flowers are from my stash and I really can't remember where I got them from.  The darker blue ones I made myself from a tutorial by Natasha Naranjo Aguirre (Moments of Tranquility) she has some fabulous flower tutorials on her site. You can find her site HERE.


This is not the card I made in class. The inspiration for this card came from one of Meg's Gardens Design Team members.  She made a number of cards with butterflies etc., and I thought something similar would look great on the Touch of Acetate card my teacher showed us.
 



Inked the edges of the papers, die cut some tiny butterflies and sprinkled them around and also stamped the corners.

That's all for now.  Thanks for visiting and God Bless. xx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.