Tuesday 19 February 2019

Amigurumi - Bunny in the Hood

Hi everybody.  Thank you for stopping by today.

Thought I would share another of my Amigurumis with you today.  I found this pattern on a website called Once Upon a Cheerio.  It's a blog by a lady named Juli who lives in Vancouver, Canada.  If you'd like to take a look HERE is the link.  Thank you so much Juli for freely sharing this pattern, I love it!!  Have already made three of them but this is the only one I still have.  The other two went to friends who also fell in love with him.

Isn't he adorable!!  All dressed up to go and see his girlfriend.  He's even bringing her a little bunch of flowers.  Just my kind of guy!!
I made him in 5ply yarn with a 2.5mm crochet hook and he stands about 5.5" tall, including his ears.  In this version, I made his ears just a little bigger and more rounded than in the original pattern.  I also made the hoodie just a little bigger.
He can wear the hoodie down as well, which I really love.   
He does have a little black nose in the original pattern but I liked him just as is. 

Of course his hoodie needed a couple of slits so he could poke his ears through ..
.. and, it was a bit cold outside so he had to put his hoodie up again!  LOL!!
Well, I hope you like my little Bunny in the Hood.  I so enjoy making these little toys although, at the moment, not sure where they are going to go.  As I said, some of my friends have adopted a few but I would like to donate the others to the Children's Hospital or perhaps St. John's Ambulance.  Haven't made enough of them yet to give away but hopefully, someone will want them.  I will still keep making them though.  Having so much fun with them and there are so many patterns out there yet to try!!  Just not enough time in the day!

Thank you so much for your visit and have a fabulous day!!
Take care and God Bless.

10 comments:

  1. Margaret he is absolutely precious!! Beautiful 'hooded' bunny! Your yarn work is top-notch quality! as is your paper crafting~ The mint green color is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing him with us today! I know you'll find him the perfect home~ Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this, Margaret!! He's so adorable!! I love the hood!! What a fabulous project!! So wish I could crochet something this beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marg, your bunny boy is sooo cute, love the slits in the hoodie for his ears!!! love the soft minty color too.. he is adorable and I imagine so very cuddly as well.. and good on you for giving them away to cheer some little heart up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Margaret, people will definitely want them, they are gorgeous! This one is such a little cutie with his beautiful hoodie and the bunch of flowers is such a lovely touch too. Love him! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! Such a cute bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever... this is just the cutest thing. My grand baby would love this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. An adorable little bunny. A very good idea with the hoodie. Someone will be very happy when they receive this. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Margy he is so adorable, just love him!! You are so very clever ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margy - I've been MIA and now playing catch up. We've been away and for some reason, I can no longer comment through Safari and have had to install Google Chrome! I adore this little Amigurumi in mint and white. Your stitches are perfect and I especially love the little slots in the hood for the ears. I'm sure any organisation would be thrilled to have them. I've heard of one hospital who puts the octopus Ami's in with the premmies so they have something little to grab on to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.